- That God will bless America with leaders better than it deserves.
- That God will protect America from idolatrous trust in political leaders.
- That Christians will vote according to conscience but not expecting laws to change people.
- That Americans will vote to protect the unborn who cannot protect themselves.
- That God will move the conscience of our nation to his law.
- That God will protect the candidates and their families.
- That the election will be conducted justly and without rancor.
- That Americans and particularly Christians will accept the results with respect and kindness.
- That this election will lead to greater opportunities to preach the gospel.
- That the church will be strengthened.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Election Day (not predestination this time)
I apologize that I wasn't able to get reading recommendations for Sunday School up yesterday. I'll work on posting that later today. But quickly this morning I wanted to highlight a post from Al Mohler encouraging Christians to pray about the results of today. I think that this post is quite good and Dr. Mohler asks us to pray for ten things today: